Thursday, July 11, 2013

New look TENNSKATE.COM

TENNSKATE.COM is a website that has been a great inspiration to me since I discovered it shortly after it began in 2004.

I have always loved it because to me it captured that rawness that I find so deep-as-bone real about Tennessee skateboarding. This site and all of the content on it represents that intangible truth and phenomenon that has helped form my opinion about what is good in this YouTube age of skate videos. I watch these kind of clips and see these skateboarding unsung Daniel Boone/ Davy Crockett legend types who clearly have no real motivation for what they are doing beyond the satisfaction of having done it. Having felt it and having made it happen, and having done it for all the right reasons, camera or no camera. Some how that seems to always come through in these Tennskate videos and always has. Not to mention it is all done via impressive tricks and spots, artful editing and filming as well as a variety of characteristic style.

I have spend a good amount of mental effort to try to find a way to explain why it is that so much of the Tennessee skateboarding I've seen on this site over the years has that unique and pure quality.

I think it may just be Magic

...or perhaps it's just a special something in the mountain water.


No comments:

Post a Comment